Intense, intimidating, powerful and unforgettable – when he’s in front of a camera Dieter Laser is all of these things and much more. For nearly 50 years he’s been leaving a trail of memorable performances to be discovered and enjoyed as he continuously moves forward with the acting career he so passionately pursues.
I recently had the chance to very briefly make contact with Dieter, and asked him to take part in a new ongoing feature here at Halloween Love.
No mess, no fuss, just …Ten Quick Questions!
1. Where were you born?
DL: Kiel, Germany
2. What is your most vivid memory from childhood?
3. What was your first significant acting role?
DL: The title-role in “John Glueckstadt” was my first part for the cinema.
4. What’s the best thing about being an actor?
DL: To make a living out of your passion.
5. What’s the worst thing about being an actor?
DL: The editing table!
6. What makes you happy?
DL: A good part to play.
7. If you could work with any one person in the film industry who would it be?
DL: Anyone is welcome who lets me do my work.
8. What’s the most frightening thing you have ever had to do?
DL: I had to jump out of a window during a fight-scene in a very high building. Stupidly enough I didn’t say no – still trembling!
9. What advice would you give someone wanting to become an actor?
DL: If you are ready to accept that you might never have a career but your urge doesn’t lessen – then go ahead.
10. Finally, if you could act in one horror movie, any movie, what would it be and why?
DL: The Human Centipede IV (Ultimate Sequence) because I never look back.
Support Halloween Love
If an item was discussed in this article that you intend on buying or renting, you can help support Halloween Love and its writers by purchasing through our links:
(Not seeing any relevant products? Start your search on Amazon through us.)